A traditional Italian treat that I made with organic dark chocolate and raw almonds that were toasted. Usually topped with coloured sugar bits but we will leave that out. Grazie Maria.
- 200g (0.44 pounds) raw whole almonds skin on
- 200g (0.44 pounds) organic dark chocolate 85%
- Place the almonds on a tray and place under the grill at 200 degrees (392F). Watch the almonds start to smoke slightly and the skin crack a little then take them out before they burn. About 5-10 minutes
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave (or stove top) and stir then combine the almonds in the melted chocolate.
- In a muffin tray place a muffin paper case in each hole and spoon some almond mixture into each.
- Once all the almond mixture is in the individual cases place the tray in the fridge for an hour for them to set and then enjoy the crunchy flavours of chocolate and almonds.
- Double recipe for more