These Hazelnut kisses are pretty, tasty and a thoughtful treat you can wrap up and give as little gifts for Christmas. Best thing is that they are bite sized pieces to just pop in and enjoy.
- 300 grams Organic dark chocolate bits chopped darkest you can get or 70% cocoa at least
- 100 mls organic coconut cream (use the thick cream on top of the can)
- 60 grams roasted hazelnuts chopped finely
- 150 grams of organic dark (like in the filling) chocolate melted
- 30 grams of whole roasted hazelnuts
- Heat the coconut cream slowly in a small saucepan. Add the cream to the chopped chocolate in a bowl and stir until completely melted. Add the chopped nuts, stir and let solidify in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- When you are ready to make the hazelnut kisses take the filling out of the fridge and let it soften a little enough to handle into balls. Melt the dark chocolate in a mug in the microwave or in a saucepan.
- Scoop teaspoon amounts of filling and roll into balls and push a whole hazelnut on top of each. Skewer the chocolates with a toothpick/or fork and dip them in melted chocolate covering the top and sides. Remove the toothpicks and lay them on a baking paper lined tray.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to make sure coating is hard
Gusto Paleo http://gustopaleo.com/