Another favourite in our home is the classic crumbed calamari. Traditionally crumbed with breadcrumbs.
Write a review
- 3 medium calamari tubes, cleaned and sliced into rings.
- 1/4 garlic clove chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan (optional)
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 Tbls tapioca
- Grated lemon rind grated.
- Ghee for frying plus light olive oil - the pan may need to be cleaned before a third batch of frying. Keep topping up ghee and oil.
- Lemon wedges
- In a bowl whisk the egg, garlic, parmesan and salt together and add the calamari rings to this mixture, stir.
- In a bowl with sides combine really well, almond meal, tapioca and lemon rind.
- Coat the calamari rings in the almond mixture and fry until golden, in hot ghee turning once.
- Season with salt once cooked.
- Serve with lemon wedges
- Enjoy the crunchy coating.
Gusto Paleo http://gustopaleo.com/