Voted no. 1 in my home, these Curried Chicken Croquettes are amazing!!
‘Just like a chicken curry only bite size’
Oh My! You have got to make these delicious little croquettes, best eaten warm. Once you take your first bite, its like eating a bowl of chicken curry but with your hands. You won’t believe how the insides melt and surprise you with a fusion of flavours.
- 2 1/2 cups of chopped left over cooked roast chicken
- 60g of ghee
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 3 bacon rashers chopped finely
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1-2 tbls arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream plus a little of some of the coconut milk at the bottom of the can.
- 2 tbls of seasoning of your choice, or if your roast is well seasoned then skip this ingredient
- sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 cups of almond meal for coating
- Melt ghee in a fry pan and fry the onion, bacon and curry powder stirring until fragrant and cooked.
- Stir in arrowroot flour and make sure it is combined well with the ingredients in pan on the heat ( just like you would have used flour in this step make sure the arrowroot is cooked through with the ingredients)
- Pour in coconut cream and stir vigorously, you will start to see the liquid thicken quite quickly on medium to high heat, not too high. Make sure you have no lumps. You could use a whisk to make sure it all combines well.
- Once it is quite thick remove from the heat and add the chicken and seasoning of your choice. Spread the mixture onto a flat tray and place into the fridge until cold, about 1 hour. This helps with handling while you coat in almond meal.
- Once the mixture is cold shape the mixture into croquettes, dip in the egg, then the almond meal (pat down the almond meal so it is coated well) and fry in a frypan with heated ghee.
- So tasty eaten warm, so reheat for 20min in the oven before you serve, or serve straightaway. Once you bite into these delicious croquettes the mixture is full of a saucy curry chicken flavour.