Winter in my part of the world at the moment. Flu, head cold, tonsillitis, laryngitis just plain yuck season. Gusto Paleo can help!
Growing up my dad would always make this when my throat hurt. It made me cringe but I swallowed it down and it helped sooth.
I have two recipes you can try, first one is adding water.
Second recipe will make some people block their noses to avoid tasting the strong flavours of Lemon and Honey , BUT IT WORKS!!
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 1-2 tbls honey
- 2 cups of water
- Bring the water, juice and sliced lemon to the boil in a small saucepan.
- Once boiled simmer for 10 minutes then stir in honey.
- Add more lemon or honey to your liking.
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2 tbls of honey (1 tbls of honey per lemon)
- Heat the lemon juice in a saucepan until hot then stir in the honey.
- Best served hot.
- I used 3x lemons for this picture, of course depending on how much juice the lemon has you will know if it is enough for one serve.
- Get ready for screwed up faces and lip smacking noises, its quite a strong lemon drink that will work.