Caramelised Oranges using coconut sugar and ghee. You could experiment and add coconut cream to the coconut sugar before adding ghee. I also made little toffees with the left over coconut caramel.
- 100 grams coconut sugar ( you could use half this measurement)
- 20 grams of ghee melted
- 2 large oranges
- Peel oranges, removing all the pith and white membrane.
- Slice thinly and arrange on a serving dish in overlapping layers.
- In a small saucepan on low heat dissolve sugar, stirring constantly, and simmer. The coconut sugar will expand and become creamy. Keep stirring to get some colour then take off the heat and add ghee while still stirring. If it becomes hard just reheat slowly.
- Drizzle the sauce over the oranges quite quickly as it will harden and spoon drops on baking paper to make little toffees.
- I can see these toffees made with a little coffee next time. Will keep you posted!
- Double the recipe to serve 4.