Yes, I’m obsessed with making homemade Chia treats.
After I discovered The Chia Co brand, I tried three of their flavours and I thought I could do this at home!
The kids loved this one especially, and I’d quite happily let them enjoy it over any other treat because of their health benefits and vitamins, to name few B vitamins, thiamine and niacin, folate, iron and zinc.
Chia seeds can be used to replace as much as 25% of egg content and oil in cakes while providing other nutrients.
- 3 soft bananas
- 1 400 ml can of coconut milk
- 1 tbls of raw cacao powder
- 1 fresh date
- 1/4 chia seeds (I used black ones)
- Blend all* the ingredients (*except the chia seeds) in a blender until all combined and the mixture starts to thicken and is quite smooth.
- Stir in vigorously the chia seeds until they are distributed evenly throughout the mixture.
- Place the pudding in small ramekins cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve the next day!