Why not try cooking fish with this lemon sauce.
Veal Scaloppini with Lemon Sauce and Fennel salad
Write a review
- 8 thin veal steaks
- 3 Tbls ghee for frying
- 60g of ghee for the sauce
- tapioca for coating
- 2 tbls lemon juice
- 2 tbls finely chopped parsley
- lemon slices to garnish
- 2 fennel bulbs
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- splash of lemon juice
- Cut off fennel tops and cut bulb in half, remove the first outer layer and wash the bulb. Chop or slice how you like and add to a serving bowl. Top with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, pepper and a splash of lemon juice and combine.
- Beat veal steaks covered with glad wrap with a kitchen mallet. To tenderise the meat on both sides.
- Heat ghee in frypan for frying veal on a high heat
- Add tapioca to a bowl and coat the veal slices dusting off excess and add to the frypan, cooking in batches if necessary. Cook until lightly brown then turn over gently and brown the other side. It should only take 30 sec on each side do not over cook them or the meat will be tough.
- Transfer to a warm plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat and add the lemon juice, parsley and remaining ghee to the pan and stir to combine.
- Add the veal steaks, turning to coat in the sauce.
- Serve the veal in the sauce with some fennel salad on the side and serve immediately.
Gusto Paleo http://gustopaleo.com/