My word, the family and I really enjoyed dinner tonight.
The most moist, fall off the bone, soft like butter lamb shanks cooked for 5-6 hours in the slow cooker. Really felt like we were at a restaurant.
I insist you try this recipe and please comment below on how tender it was.
Slow Cooked Lovely Lamb Shanks
Write a review
6 hr 25 min
6 hr 25 min
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1/2 cup of homemade beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves whole
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot sliced
- 2 medium mushrooms sliced
- 2 Tbls Ghee
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 3 springs of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp of dried oregano or fresh if you have
- sea salt
- Heat the ghee in your slow cooker to sauté option (if you don't have this option heat ghee in a fry pan)
- Sear lamb shanks, two at a time, until evenly browned while seasoning with sea salt and pepper to taste remove and set aside.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, sea salt and pepper in the same frypan or the sauté option in your slow cooker for 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Place lamb shanks in the slow cooker.
- Cover the lamb shanks with the sautéed garlic and onion, the carrots, broth, mushrooms and herbs.
- Slow cook for 5-6 hours on low heat.
- There will be a nice broth to add to your shanks for extra flavour once cooked.
- *The pressure cooker I use is an electric sauté, slow cooker and pressure cooker in one.
Gusto Paleo http://gustopaleo.com/