A delicious, creamy makeover to a traditional Italian spring dish.
Simple Primavera sauce with Zoodles
Write a review
- 155g (5 oz) of asparagus spears
- 6-8 zuchinni
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 onion diced
- 250 ml of organic coconut cream
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 40g (1.41 oz) ghee
- Prepare the zucchini by washing, top and tailing them. I used my new vegetable spiraliser. But I have used the julienne peeler. Hold the zucchini from the top and peel in a downwards motion. Peel until you start to see the seeds, then turn around and do the same on the other sides. Julienne all the flesh from the zucchini creating thin noodles. Place in a colander and toss zucchini with sea salt and let stand for 15-20 mins then rinse well.
- In a pot of boiling salted water add the zucchini noodles and leave in pan for 2 minutes then remove and drain, fresh with a little cold water. Squeeze the zucchini gently to remove excess water and wrap in a tea towel to drain excess water while you cook the sauce.
- Trim the ends of asparagus spears and cut Into 1 cm lengths. Place in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 1 minute, drain and cool.
- Melt the ghee in a large pan, add the onion and carrot and cook over medium heat for about 7 minutes, until soft, stirring often.
- Add the asparagus to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the organic coconut cream, stir and then warm through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the zucchini to the warmed sauce in the saucepan and stir to coat all the zoodles.
- Serve immediately
- You could add one tomato to the pan when cooking the onion and carrot.
- You could also add chicken giblets when you add the zoodles as they don't need to be cooked for a long time.
Gusto Paleo http://gustopaleo.com/