Nothing says healthy Paleo treat like my Paleo Hummingbird Cake! Beautiful smells from the banana and pineapple with a lovely moist texture. Most importantly NO REFINED SUGAR just natural fruit sweetness.
This cake was modified from a recipe a dear friend gave to me, it’s known for its super simple one bowl mix, tho I did use one bowl and then poured the batter into a spring form pan.
Make sure to let me know what you think below in the comments….xx
- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour/meal
- 1 tbls arrowroot flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1x 423g tin of pineapple *chunks in natural juices and drain, no added sugar/ or use fresh pineapple
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large free range eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees fan forced (338 degrees fahrenheit)
- Grease a springform pan
- Place all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir
- Blend the drained pineapple and banana together until blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 40 minutes or an extra 5mins if needed. It's quite moist.
- *Make sure you find a tin of pineapple chunks with no added sugar. Chunks work well for the sweetness.
- If you feel you really need to add sugar just add 2 tbls honey. Really if your bananas are ripe and you use beautiful natural pineapple chunks you won't need it!
- Lovely firmed up in the fridge