This may not be a traditional Italian meal but it is a great Paleo snack or meal that you can pop in the freezer for later use.
My homemade chicken nuggets are a hit with children.
See notes below recipe for an egg and nut-free version.
Homemade Chicken Nuggets
For an *egg and **nut-free version see notes below recipe
Write a review
For the nugget center
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 tsp organic coconut flour OR 1/4 cup of almond meal mixed with 1 Tbls water (for binding)
- 500 g (1.1lbs) chicken mince
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 free range egg
For the nugget coating
- 1/2 tsp turmeric ground
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup of almond meal
For frying the nugget
- olive oil or ghee
- In a small food hand blender blend the carrot and celery until really fine
- In a food processor add mince, carrot and celery mixture, salt, pepper, parsley, coconut flour (or if your using the almond meal paste add this instead) and egg until all combined
- In a shallow dish add the almond meal, spices and mix together
- Place nugget sizes of mince into a ball and roll in the coating mixture and press down flat
- Heat ghee or olive oil in a frying pan and cook nuggets until golden on both sides
- Serve warm
- Place extra uncooked nuggets in a freezable tray container to keep in freezer for another day
- These nuggets go great with homemade mayo.
- If you want to avoid nuts try the 1 tsp coconut flour for binding.
- *Using chai seeds in replace of egg by combining ingredients below and left for approx. 5 minutes in a small bowl to make an egg like consistency. If you think you still need coconut flour to bind then go ahead and add it.
- -1 Tbsp Chia Seeds blended into a meal (using grinder or hand blender)
- - 3 Tbsp Water
- **Sunflower seeds blended for the coating replacing almond meal.
Gusto Paleo http://gustopaleo.com/