I got the inspiration for this sauce from my dad as he slow smoked some pork ribs with his homegrown tomatoes and figs. It tasted divine, so I needed to give the sauce a paleo makeover.
Chunky Tomato and Fig Sauce
Write a review
- 6-7 organic figs sliced on the top and bottom and quartered (you could peel the skin off if you like)
- 4-6 organic tomatoes quartered
- 1 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbls coconut aminos
- 1/2 tbls honey (optional-not on Whole30)
- 1 tbls water
- 1/2 garlic crushed
- Heat a frypan then add the oil.
- Toss the garlic and tomatoes together in the frypan for 5 mins until tomatoes are soft.
- Add the figs and water and stir, simmer on low heat and pour in the coconut aminos and honey (optional)
- Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes or until it is nice and thick and the sauce has thickened. Add a little more water if needed.
- You can really enjoy this sauce warmed and topped on top of pork ribs, paleo chicken burgers or any meat dish you like. It is a rich tasting sauce.
Gusto Paleo http://gustopaleo.com/