A dairy free pesto sauce that taste delicious and the most viewed recipe on my blog. Truly a beautiful paleo makeover.
Chicken Pesto with Zoodles
Write a review
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of light olive oil/avocado oil or macadamia oil
- Ghee for frying chicken
- 1 clove of garlic
- 6 green olives pitted
- 2 chicken breast fillets cubed
- Sea Salt
- 6-8 zucchini
- Prepare the zucchini by washing, top and tailing them. I used my new vegetable spiraliser. But I have used my julienne peeler. Hold the zucchini from the top and peel in a downwards motion. Peel until you start to see the seeds, then turn around and do the same on the other sides. Julienne all the flesh from the zucchini creating thin noodles. Place in a colander and toss zucchini with *salt and let stand with a plate underneath for 15-20 mins then rinse well. Squeeze/knead the zucchini gently to remove excess water. (I sometimes wrap in a tea towel so all the liquid is removed). *salting the zoodles: (doing so will remove excess moister as zucchini are a watery vege. It avoids a soggy dish if this part is performed but you don’t have to, you can do your zoodles how you prefer)
- To make the pesto sauce add remaining ingredients (except chicken) to a hand blender, pulse then scrape down the edges, pulse again then scrape down the edges, add extra olive oil if needed and pulse until you have a smooth sauce. Add more basil if needed, then test the seasoning.
- In a frypan add some ghee and add cubed chicken to hot pan to brown, season then set aside.
- In the same frypan add the Zoodles, pesto sauce and chicken pieces together and stir to coat with heat on low, so the sauce warms.
- Season well and Enjoy
Gusto Paleo http://gustopaleo.com/