Sparaci ,funci e granci, assai vidi, e nenti mangi.
Asparagus, mushroom and crab, they may look a lot, but after cooking there is not much to eat.
A phrase that my dear dad taught me from a young age. I decided to make a recipe with all these ingredients and it was made from the heart.
Asparagus, Mushroom and Crab
Write a review
- 4 Crabs (1 per person or more if you like) cleaned.
- 10 asparagus spears chopped
- 6 small mushrooms sliced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 cup white wine (avoid if on whole30)
- 1 cup of homemade chicken broth
- hand full of fresh parsley chopped
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- water for boiling
- For the crab, boil a pot with salted water and once boiling add the crabs, boil for 5mins. Remove and carefully using a nut cracker open the shells and remove crab meat. Set aside.
- Heat the ghee in a fry pan and cook garlic for a couple of minutes then add mushrooms, asparagus, parsley, sea salt and pepper. Cover for a few minutes then stir.
- Add the both and white wine (if using) and simmer on medium heat until it reduces, about 15 minutes. If there is still a lot of liquid reduce more.
- Turn heat off and add the crab and toss.
- Serve as a side.
Gusto Paleo http://gustopaleo.com/