Great flavours of black Olives, Lemons and Lamb. You could marinade overnight if you desire.
Olive and Lemon Lamb Chops with Roasted Potatoes
Write a review
- 6 lamb chops
- 2 Tbls extra virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbls finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- Lots of black olives pitted and sliced (Whole30 approved)
- 2 Tbls chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbls ghee
- sea salt
- 6 potatoes peeled
- Turn oven on high 250 degrees (480F) fan forced.
- In a large bowl make the marinade by combining the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic, rosemary, parsley, sea salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb chops into the marinade making sure all sides are coated. You could let it sit in the marinade for as long as you like in the fridge. Or just leave for 10 minutes.
- Score potatoes with a sharp knife trying not to cut right through. Press soft ghee into the slits in the potatoes and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place into the oven on a tray until browned on top. About 20 minutes, making sure not to burn them as the temp is high.
- Heat the ghee in a large frypan and brown the lamb chops on both sides.
- Stir in the olives and extra marinade (left in the bowl) into the frypan to cook for 2 minutes with the lamb chops.
- Season and serve lamb chops with the olive and lemon sauce on top with the potatoes.
Gusto Paleo http://gustopaleo.com/