A crunchy, tasty traditional biscuit that we both grew up with. Especially nice to dip into your coffee. In Italy breakfast consist of a biscuit and coffee.
Lemon Almond Biscotti
This recipe makes a small serve, double the ingredients to make a larger batch.
Write a review
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 tbls arrowroot powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or honey
- 1 large free range eggs eat of one lemon
- 1/4 cup whole peeled blanched almonds.
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees (347F)
- In a bowl mix together almond flour, arrowroot powder, salt, baking powder, lemon zest, coconut sugar/ if using honey add it with the egg and cinnamon until ingredients are well combined.
- Add the egg (honey if using) and stir in circles with a metal spoon until dough becomes wet and forms a ball. Mix in almonds with hands.
- Form dough into a log on a baking paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, test with a tooth pick, poke it in the middle and pull it out, if the toothpick is dry it's cooked, (they bake up abit more when you crisp them in the oven a second time see next step) then remove from oven and cool for 30 min.
- Cut the log into 1/2 inch slices on the diagonal with a very sharp knife
- Spread slices out on a baking sheet and bake at 140 degrees (302F) for 25-30 minutes until they have browned keep watch they don't burn.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, set, and become crispy
- Serve with coffee.
- Just double recipe to make a larger batch. Best eaten first day.
Gusto Paleo http://gustopaleo.com/