Paleo Coconut, Cacao and Pecan Date Muffins are full of flavour and healthy.
Coconut, Cacao and Pecan Date Muffins
Write a review
- 1/2 cup sifted organic coconut flour
- 2/3 cup of solidified plus + 1 Tbls of organic cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil- melted - measure it when it is solid.
- 2 Tbls of organic coconut butter (mine was crumbly which added nice little pieces in the baked product) If yours is soft even better! If you don't have coconut butter-you could use a nut spread instead.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped pecans
- 2 Tbls of Raw organic Cacao powder
- 2 soft pitted dates-chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 large free range eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil for greasing
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees (356 F)
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, dates, Cacao powder, coconut butter and salt.
- Combine the coconut flour, pecans and baking powder and whisk these dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until they are combined.
- Grease a muffin tray and fill muffin holes with batter half way.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from the muffin tray to cool.
- Yum yum yum
Gusto Paleo http://gustopaleo.com/