If a vegetarian side is what you are looking for, then these will hit the spot quite nicely.
Write a review
- 500g (1.1 lbs) of sliced aubergine (eggplant) cut in 1cm thick slices
- 30 g (0.06lbs) olive oil/coconut oil
- 1 large free range egg beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbs of chopped parsley
- 2 tbls chopped olives
- tapioca flour for coating
- ghee for frying
- sea salt
- lemon wedges
- Preheat an oven to 190 degrees (375F). Brush the aubergine slices with the olive or coconut oil on each side, then place them on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes until golden and cooked.
- Chop the slices finely and add them in a large bowl together with the egg, garlic, parsley and olives.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste and mix through.
- Leave the mixture to rest for 10 minutes. If the mixture looks too soft add some almond meal.
- Roll small or large fritters and flatten. Dust them with a little seasoned tapioca flour each side and fry in batches in the ghee, until golden.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
Gusto Paleo http://gustopaleo.com/