A delicious quick starter or even a side of spiralled zucchini tossed or fried in hot garlic and oil. Add a chilli if you desire.
Zoodle Aglio e Olio (Zoodles with garlic and oil)
Write a review
- 6-8 zucchini
- 4 garlic cloves whole or sliced in half
- 1/3 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil, you could use more or less.
- sea salt
- Chilli (optional)
- Prepare the zucchini by washing, top and tailing them. I used my new vegetable spiraliser. But I have used my julienne peeler in the past. Hold the zucchini from the top and peel in a downwards motion. Peel until you start to see the seeds, then turn around and do the same on the other sides. Julienne/spiral all the flesh from the zucchini creating thin noodles. Place in a colander and toss zucchini with salt and let stand with a plate underneath for 10/15 mins then rinse well. Knead the zoodles to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Heat the oil and add the garlic plus sea salt untill the garlic lightly browns, then you could either-
- 1.Add raw zoodles to the pan and fry together in the garlic and oil (chilli) until zoodles are soft then serve seasoned with salt and pepper or
- 2.Add raw zoodles to a pot of boiling water cook for 1-2 minutes, drain and knead as much liquid out as possible. You could wrap it in a clean tea towel to remove more liquid. Place zoodles into a large bowl and add the heated garlic and seasoned oil and combine and serve into smaller bowls season with salt and pepper.
- In the photo I used method 2.
- Place browned garlic on top for garnish.
Gusto Paleo https://gustopaleo.com/