My Demi-glacé sauce is a reduction of beef broth and coconut aminos. No flour or sugar.
Coconut Aminos is freshly harvested coconut blossom nectar. Coconut Aminos is a deliciously healthy alternative to Soy Sauce with 17 important naturally occurring Amino Acids. We use this all the time now when we want a soy flavour. There is no sugar added. I used coconut aminos in this recipe to give the stock a bit of colour and taste. We purchase coconut aminos at iherb.com click this link to use my discount code.
- 2 tbls ghee for frying
- 6 thin veal steaks
- tapioca flour for coating
- 2-3 tbls coconut aminos
- 2 cups of homemade beef broth
- sea alt
- Flatten veal steaks covered with glad wrap (cling film) with a kitchen mallet. To tenderise the meat on both sides. Set aside.
- Add broth and coconut aminos to a frypan and let it reduce on a medium high heat. This may take more than 20 min. Keep an eye on it as it could reduce to nothing! It is ready when the broth is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Meanwhile heat ghee in another frypan for frying veal on a high heat.
- Add tapioca to a bowl and coat the veal slices dusting off excess and add to the frypan, cooking in batches if necessary. Cook until lightly browned then turn over gently and brown the other side. It should only take 1 min on each side do not over cook them or the meat will be tough. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- When veal is sealed you can add them to the simmering thick stock sauce turning to coat gently.
- Serve the veal topped with demi-glacé sauce.