Brussels sprouts and bacon go really really well together.
Please comment if I have made you a Brussels sprouts fan after making this recipe.
Thanks to Nicole at Paleo_nic for introducing me to sumac and your inspiration for this recipe.
Brussels and Bacon
Write a review
- 500grams (1.1 pounds) of brussels sprouts washed and trimmed and cut into quarters
- 4-5 rashes of compliant bacon sliced into pieces
- 2 leeks cut in half washed and sliced thinly
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- 1 tsp of ground sumac (a tangy lemony tasting spice)
- Ghee for sautéing
- Heat the ghee in a frypan and fry the garlic and bacon until crispy or to your liking.
- Add the leek and brussel sprouts, sea salt, pepper and sumac and sauté stirring until brussels sprouts are cooked to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!
Gusto Paleo https://gustopaleo.com/