A simple yet delicious Italian recipe, my mother would roast the chicken with potatoes and pumpkin on the side. (skip the potatoes if your making this a Keto recipe)
Roasted Chicken with Garlic and Rosemary
A simple yet delicious Italian recipe, my mother would roast the chicken with potatoes and pumpkin on the side. I loved the sweetness of the roasted pumpkin so much that my family used to nick name me 'Peter Pumpkin Eater' after the nursery rhyme. Another great thing with this recipe is that its classically Paleo without it even knowing it. I have added some optional ingredients which my mother never really used it the recipe so you can feel free to add them for some variance.
Write a review
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
- 2 kilos of chicken drumsticks/wings/pieces
- 1 peeled and diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, flatten and roughly diced
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary, leaves ripped of the stems.
- cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 Whole squeezed lemon
- 1 or 2 whole chili chopped
- Peeled and cut into wedges potatoes (don't add potatoes if your making this Keto)
- Cubed pumpkin pieces
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius (430 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Wash and clean the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a baking tray.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary leaves on the chicken.
- Add optional lemon and/or chili.
- Add potatoes wedges and/or cubed pumpkin.
- Add the olive oil and with clean, washed hands toss the ingredients together.
- Wash hands again and place baking tray in the oven.
- Cooked for about 1 hour depending on your oven.
- You can turn over pieces with cooking tongs half way through if like.
Gusto Paleo https://gustopaleo.com/