If you haven’t seen it, we have posted a recipe for homemade peeled tomatoes with a video and all!
Of course don’t add the pancetta if you would like a vegetarian dish.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 3 potatoes cubed (optional)
- 1 eggplant cubed
- 2 zucchini sliced in circles
- 1/2 litre of tomato passata or 400g of peeled tomato can. sugar-free.
- Italian herbs
- sea salt
- Water to add to pan if it thickens to quickly
- Pancetta sliced and fried in hot ghee (optional) unless you can get Whole30 approved pancetta.(optional)
- Fill bottom of a large frypan with ghee on medium low heat.
- Fry onion and garlic until soft then add the herbs and stir.
- Add remaining vegetables and toss to coat add salt and pepper.
- Add sauce (or can) and cover on low for 30mins stirring once in a while if mixture drys too quick add water and cover again.
- If you feel vegetables are still not cooked cover for an extra 5-10 mins.
- Sauce should thicken, top with fried pancetta (optional)and serve.