This one is especially for the bambino’s (children) out there that love potatoes and cheese. But it is a nice snack for everyone to share that is not on a strict paleo diet and if potatoes agree with them. I used coon cheese on this day but this recipe calls for Mozzarella. You could also add ham inside with the cheese.
Primal way of life accepts some dairy. It is an individual thing, me personally when I start to have dairy I bloat and weight adds on quite quickly.
- 1kg potatoes
- 2 egg yolks
- 25g parmesan
- 50g of ghee or butter
- sea salt and pepper
- 150g of mozzarella cubes or a couple of slices of coon cheese cut into small rectangles shapes.
- almond meal
- 2 eggs
- ghee for frying
- Boil the potatoes in their skin, remove the skin and mash them with the 50g of ghee/butter. Add the two egg yolks, parmesan, salt, pepper and nutmeg and mix.
- Shape the mashed potato mixture into cylinders, about 3cm wide and 8cm in length. Push into the centre of each cylinder a small cube of mozzarella or a piece of coon cheese and reshape the croquette so that the cheese filling remain in the centre.
- Dip them into the beaten whole eggs and coat them with the almond flour and fry in hot ghee till crisp turning gently to brown all sides.
- Serve warm enough to let the children see the cheese ooze out.
- Note: this recipe is aimed at first time paleo and children and people that are eating a primal diet which allows cheese. It may not be approved cheese but I know children will love it meaning less stress on parents.