I incorporated the zucchini flower with zoodles to make this delicious dish worth trying.
Click here to read some interesting facts about zucchini flowers.
Zucchini Flower with Zoodles
Write a review
- 2 zucchini shredded with a mandolin, julienne peeler or spiraliser
- 8 washed zucchini flowers or however much you have. I also used the baby zucchini at the ends of the female flowers sliced
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 chilli sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes whole
- bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup of olive oil
- pinch or two of sea salt
- tsp cracked pepper
- Heat the oil in a frypan and add the sliced baby zucchini from the female flower, garlic, chilli and basil until crispy and golden.
- Add the zucchini flowers whole and stir to coat in the hot oil.
- Add the shredded/julienne zucchini to the pan with sea salt and cracked pepper and stir.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cover the pan.
- When the tomatoes are cooked slightly (couple of minutes) squash them with a wooden spoon.
- Stir and cook for 10 minutes or so with the lid off.
- Test the seasoning.
- Cooking without the lid will ensure the liquid from the zucchini evaporates. But leave some sauce to eat with the Zoodles.
Gusto Paleo https://gustopaleo.com/