Mamma Mia this is truly Devine. This free range pork loin just marries this Fig and Red onion sauce. Of course got given figs again so what a lovely combination for Pork.
Please do try and Pin It to share!
Baked Pork Loin with Fig and Red Onion Sauce
Write a review
- 4 free range pork loin chops
- 6 ripe figs skin removed (skin removed optional) and chopped
- 1 large red onion chopped
- fresh basil leaves 1/2 cup or half a handful
- 1 tbls balsamic vinegar (compliant brand)
- 1 tbls coconut aminos (optional)
- 1 tbls ghee
- 1 cup of homemade broth
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (392F)
- Heat the ghee in a frypan and sauté the red onion until soft.
- Add the figs, basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, coconut aminos, sea salt and broth and simmer until reduced to make a nice thick sauce.
- Test seasoning and set aside. Re heat if need to before serving.
- Place the pork loins on a baking dish and sprinkle with oil, sea salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes each side.
- Turn the oven to grill with high heat and crisp up the pork fat to your liking.
- Serve pork with sauce on top.
Gusto Paleo https://gustopaleo.com/