A simple and delicious dairy free Boscaiola sauce with a tomato base.
Simple Tomato Boscaiola with Zoodles
Write a review
- 500g (17oz) of button mushrooms
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 425g (15oz) can of crushed organic tomatoes (sugar-free)
- 2 Tbls (28g) chopped parsley
- 6-8 zucchini
- 2 Tbls (28g ) Ghee
- Prepare the zucchini by washing, top and tailing them. I used my new vegetable spiraliser. But I have used my julienne peeler. Hold the zucchini from the top and peel in a downwards motion. Peel until you start to see the seeds, then turn around and do the same on the other sides. Julienne all the flesh from the zucchini creating thin noodles. Place in a colander and toss zucchini with salt and let stand for 10 mins then rinse well.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel to remove any grim. Slice the mushrooms finely, stems included.
- Heat the ghee in a large pan, add onion. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until golden. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute further.
- Add the mushrooms and can of tomatoes to the pan, bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a pot of boiling salted water add the zucchini noodles and leave in pan for 2 minutes remove and drain, fresh with a little cold water. Squeeze the zucchini gently to remove excess water and wrap with a tea towel to remove extra water. Place on serving bowls.
- Stir the parsley in the sauce and top the zoodles with sauce.
Gusto Paleo https://gustopaleo.com/