This is a quick and easy recipe to make ahead of time and warmed up to serve. My Salmon loaf is very delicious and very satisfying on those fish kind of days!
Salmon Loaf with Homemade Herb Mayo
Write a review
- 440g (0.97 lbs) can red salmon drained
- 1/3 cup of almond meal
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 4 green shallots, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs separated
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbls lemon juice
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 15 g of ghee
- 1/2 tsp dried or fresh dill (optional)
- 1 egg at room temp
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice at room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup light-tasting olive oil/avocado oil at room temp
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- extra olive oil/avocado oil for adding in a stream until mayo thickens.
- Preheat the oven to 176 degrees (350F)
- Combine salmon, almond meal, egg yolks, celery, carrot, onion, shallots, mustard, lemon juice, coconut aminos in a large bowl.
- Heat the coconut milk over low heat, remove from the heat then add the ghee and stir. Set aside to warm.
- Stir the warmed coconut milk/ghee mixture into the salmon mixture.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form then fold through the salmon mixture gently. Line a loaf tin with baking paper then pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 50 minutes until firm, let rest for 10 minutes before turning on to a serving plate.
- Place the egg and lemon juice in a large tall plastic cup/blending jar attached to a hand blender or food processor. Add the dry mustard, sea salt, and 1/4 cup of the oil. Whirl until well mixed – about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Add all the herbs to the cup/jar or processor.
- While you keep blending, slowly pour the extra oil (I usually pour it straight from the bottle) very slowly in a very thin drizzle/stream. This takes about three minutes or so. Drizzle slowly.
- You will start to see the mayo thicken to form the emulsion. Keep drizzling oil until thick and creamy.
- Serve with a slice of moist salmon loaf.
Gusto Paleo https://gustopaleo.com/