Warming, comforting and silky smooth.
These words express how beautiful this pumpkin soup is.
Gone are the days of making pumpkin soup by boiling all the vegies in a pot with stock.
My new favourite way to cook pumpkin soup is just how pumpkins should be cook. Roasted!
Pleasant Roast Pumpkin Soup
Write a review
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- 1.2 kilo (2.64 lbs) of pumpkin – I used Queensland blue variety but the Kent pumpkin is quite sweet too.
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped roughly (avoid adding the Carrots for a more Keto friendly recipe)
- 1 onion peeled and cut in half
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2-3 garlic cloves with skin on
- sea salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 litre (33.81ounces) chicken or beef broth warmed
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling on top to serve
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream if you desire to serve with.
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F)
- Peel and cut the pumpkin into about 5cm chunks. Spread the pumpkin on a baking tray. Scatter the garlic, onion and carrots amongst the pumpkin and place the rosemary sprigs on top. Season with sea salt and pepper and sprinkle all the spices on top evenly and roast for about 35-40 mins or until cooked and softened.
- Remove from oven and squeeze the garlic pulp out of the garlic skins and add to a saucepan, discard rosemary, add the roasted pumpkin and vegies to the same saucepan. Add warmed broth and with a stick blender, blend until smooth. You can use a blender if you don’t have a hand-held stick blender. You will start to notice the soup thickening up.
- Put the saucepan on medium heat and warm the pumpkin soup without bringing to a boil. Taste test for seasoning.
- You can add some coconut cream to serve and drizzle with virgin olive of oil.
- I sprinkled some sunflower kernals and pumpkin seeds to garnish.
Gusto Paleo https://gustopaleo.com/