Revised recipe for Paleo Coconut Macaroons using less coconut sugar and desiccated coconut. You could also sprinkle some coconut on top before baking.
Write a review
- 3 egg whites
- 120g (0.264 lbs) of organic coconut sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon of coconut essence
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons of tapioca flour sifted
- 1 1/2 cups (0.423 lbs) of desiccated (fine) coconut organic
- 125 g (0.275 lbs) dark chocolate melts, melted. Try to use 85% cocoa or 100% chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (356F). Line two baking trays with baking paper. Place egg whites in a small dry mixing bowl. Using electric beaters, beat the egg whites until firm peaks form.
- Add the sugar gradually, beating constantly until mixture is thick and glossy and all the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the coconut essence and rind and beat until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and add tapioca flour and coconut. Using a metal spoon, stir until just combined.
- Drop teaspoons of the mixture onto prepared trays about 3 cm apart. Bake on the top shelf for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave the Macaroons to completely cool on the trays. Melt your dark chocolate bits and add a teaspoon amount on the underside of a macaroon and sandwich together with another macaroon.
- Drizzle melted chocolate for a different effect.
- Place in the fridge to create a chewy texture.
Gusto Paleo https://gustopaleo.com/