A sneaky twist on the traditional Veal Parma.
Veal Chops topped with Eggplant and Sauce
Write a review
- 1 cup of Napolitana Sauce (cooked tomato passata, garlic, onion, oregano, basil)
- 8 Veal chops
- ghee for frying
- 2 eggplants
- sea salt
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbls chopped fresh parsley
- juice of a 1/4 lemon
- 1 tbls sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- Remove the ends of the eggplant by slicing and use your vege spiraliser or a mandolin to shred the eggplant into thin strips. Place in a colander and toss in some sea salt and place some bowls on top to press eggplant down and leave for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (356 F)
- In a large bowl for the marinade add the oil, garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper and whisk together. Add the veal chops to this, making sure to coat each side, and let it marinade in the fridge.
- Rinse the eggplant and press as much water out as possible. Heat the ghee in a frypan and fry the eggplant with 2 pinches of sea salt for 10 minutes covered while stirring occasionally. Set aside when eggplant is cooked.
- Heat the ghee and fry the veal chops for 1 minute each side - once sealed place veal chops into an oven proof dish. Spoon some eggplant on top of each veal chop then spoon some sauce on top of the eggplant, cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Season then serve
Gusto Paleo https://gustopaleo.com/