Just like my recipe for Croquettes with a beef mince filling, these delicious pork and apple filled croquettes are a great finger food and starter.
Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Croquettes with Pork and Apple filling
Write a review
- 300g (0.66lbs) cauliflower pieces
- 500g (1.1lbs) sweet potato
- 1 tbls ghee
- 1/2 garlic clove whole
- 1 egg yolk
- sea salt
- ghee for frying
Pork and apple filling
- 300g (10.6Oz) of pork mince
- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot grated
- 2 granny smith apple (depending on size) grated with its juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbls 100% pure maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tbls coconut aminos
- 1 tbls tapioca
- sea salt
- ghee for sautéing
- Steam the cauliflower pieces, garlic and steam the sweet potato in their skin. Pierce the cauliflower with a knife, make sure they are still tender not overcooked. Remove cauliflower and garlic and set aside. Pierce sweet potato with a knife until cooked through but not overcooked just tender. Peel skin off when warm. In a large bowl add 1 tbls ghee, 1 egg yolk, sea salt, garlic, cauliflower and sweet potato and mash roughly, chunky is best. Refrigerate mash until cool.
Pork and Apple filling
- Heat ghee for sautéing in a frypan.
- Add onion and cook until soft then add the pork mince and break up with a fork until it resembles tiny grains for mince.
- Add grated apple/any juices and carrot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut aminos, maple syrup (optional), ground ginger, cinnamon and garlic powder and stir. When it starts to simmer again add the tapioca and stir through cook for 5 minutes then let cool.
- Scoop a tbls of sweet potato/cauliflower mixture into your hands and mould into a ball, poke your finger in the middle to create a pocket. Add 1 tsp of the mince in this pocket and top with 1 tsp mash to totally seal in the mince filling with your hands. You can mould any shape you like.
- Fry in hot ghee turning frequently.
Gusto Paleo https://gustopaleo.com/