If you haven’t tried this recipe please give it a go. Its just a simple side that is delicious and the capsicums are cooked in just the right amount of heat to release a sweet taste.
I used banana capsicums for this recipe, if you were to use the larger capsicums you could roast them over an open flame turning with tongs until all sides were roasted.
Write a review
- 16-18 banana capsicums
- 2-3 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
- sea salt
- Preheat the grill in oven to 230 degrees (446F)
- Line a flat baking tray with alfoil and lay the capsicums on top.
- Place the tray on the top shelf and once the capsicums skin start to go turn brown and bubble turn to the other side and grill on all sides until almost all the sides have been grilled.
- Remove the capsicums and place in a plastic bag and seal.
- Leave for about 10-15 minutes so the heat helps to soften the capsicums and makes it easier to remove the skin.
- Peel the skin off and as much of the seeds out of the capsicum and just tear roughly into thin strips and place in a bowl.
- Once all the capsicums are done add the oil, sea salt and garlic to the bowl and stir. Test for taste and serve as a side.
- My favourite!!
Gusto Paleo https://gustopaleo.com/