Note-you must cook a double batch, as these disappeared remarkably fast, didn’t even get left overs. Kids devoured them!
Pork and Beef Meatballs in Sauce
Write a review
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
- 350g (3/4 Lbs) of organic pork mince
- 150g (1/3 Lbs) of grass fed beef mince
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 cup of spinach leaves
- 1 tender celery stalk
- Plenty of parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbls organic diced tomatoes in can (sugar-free)
- 1/4 cup of almond meal mixed with 2 Tbls water to make a thick paste.
- Sea salt
- 750mls of Tomato Passata. (Sugar free)
- 1/2 cup of organic diced tomatoes in can (sugar-free)
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (392F)
- In a hand blender I added the carrot, onion, garlic, spinach, zucchini, celery and parsley and pulsed it to chop up all ingredients finely.
- In a saucepan heat the ghee and add a 1/4 cup of the blended vegetables and sauté. Once softened add the diced tomatoes, tomato passata, nutmeg and salt. Stir and bring to a simmer then turn heat on low and simmer. Add a little water if it thickens fast.
- Add the pork, beef, egg, remaining blended vegetables, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix altogether with your hands then add the almond meal mixture.
- Roll mince into meatballs with hands and lay on a foil lined tray bake them for 10 min in a 200 degrees (392f) oven to keep their shape. Don't overcook them. As soon as you see the pink disappearing remove them.
- Add the partially cooked meatballs to the simmering sauce. Bring heat to low and cover. Stir once in a while and cook for 1 hour, sauce should thicken and meatballs will be coated in sauce.
- You should end up with tender moist meatballs in a very tasty sauce.
Gusto Paleo https://gustopaleo.com/