I like to mix up my meals at dinner time. Some days we have red meat, some days we have chicken and some days I love to make my Tuna with Eggplant Pasta. The eggplant strips really give this dish a wonderful flavour.
Tuna with Eggplant Pasta
Write a review
- 400 mls of tomato passata sugar free
- 1/2 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 small cans of wild caught tuna in olive oil that serves 2.
- sea salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbls ghee for frying
- 2 medium eggplants
- Peel eggplants (or not 🙂 ) and cut off each end. Using a mandolin, slice your eggplants into thick strips, place all the strips in a colander and toss them with sea salt. Place a heavy bowl on top to add weight so the bitter juices run out. Leave this for 20 mins.
- In a sauce pan fry the onion, garlic and spices in the ghee.
- Once onion is soft add tomato passata, sea salt, pepper and as I always do put a little water in the saucepan, about 100 mls. Cook until it simmers then put the heat on low and add tuna, cover and cook for 20 mins stirring a few times.
- Rinse eggplant and squeeze as much of the water out of it.
- Add it to the sauce in the pan and stir then cover for 10 mins or more if needed on medium low.
- Serve when eggplant is just cooked and soft.
Gusto Paleo https://gustopaleo.com/